POÄNG is here! We’ve turned three years of experience gained and lessons learned with the reliable but quirky QCRG Scoreboard into a new open source scoreboard project. POÄNG has some great new features right off the bat:
- Easy to install. All you have to do is click the “Install Now” button above and you’re on your way. Updating is easy, too– POÄNG can install new releases when they come out.
- Easy to run. POÄNG is a regular application installed in the regular place. No batch scripts, no web browsers.
- No configuration necessary. Just double-click the application and you’re ready to host a simple scrimmage following the latest WFTDA rules.
- Easy to read. The professional-looking, high-contrast display is designed for bright arenas where even powerful projectors can sometimes look washed-out.
- Slick. With seamless Flash integration, it’s easy to trigger slides and videos during intermission and downtime. It’s also the only solution that brings skaters’ photographs right into the scoreboard.
- Smart. POÄNG always opens to the last bout you’ve edited, and it keeps track of all the teams and skaters you’ve entered so you don’t have to.
- Flexible. Change number of periods, period length, intermission length, and more to accommodate expo bouts, scrimmages, and junior derby. One click sets everything back to regulation.
- Difficult to pronounce. Nothing’s perfect– it sounds like “pwang” and means “points” in Swedish. It’s also an armchair.